ALTO Alliance Client Relation Manager
Position Summary: Responsible for managing the success of the relationship with an assigned set of clients to achieve the goals and objectives identified by the client and the Regional Director of Operations. Support the implementation and on-going successful execution of the ALTO Alliance program within the assigned clients through frequent client office and store visits.
Key Success Factors:
ALTO believes that success in this position will require:
- Passion to serve clients and team members
- High ethical standards
- Flexibility and adaptability to rapid change
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work in entrepreneurial environments.
- Tenacity and determination
- Tolerance for evolving, unstructured work environment
- Ability to develop and maintain value-added partnerships with clients, colleagues and other stakeholders
- Innovative vision
- Ability to lead through consensus building
All of the above attributes are part of the ALTO culture.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Assist the Regional Director in client development and relationship-building.
- Work collaboratively with the Regional Director and ALTO colleagues to plan, develop and deploy projects that respond to the evolving needs of our clients
- Evaluate client needs and assist in the development of new and innovative ALTO products and strategies to meet those needs.
- Coordinate internal projects and determine the best utilization of resources to increase customer satisfaction
- Encourage revenue growth by inspiring clients to utilize ALTO’s expertise in other areas or other additional services
- Become the reliable point of contact for each client that is required to establish a strong business relationship
- Assure customer satisfaction through continuous client relationship to ensure delivery of ALTO’s high customer service standards to include frequent client office and store visits
- Provide ALTO Alliance training to client office and store personnel as needed
- Partner with ALTO Technology and Legal departments to develop ALTO Alliance product that meets client and regulatory standards
- Recruit, lead, and develop ALTO local team members to assist them in the successful execution of their responsibilities
- Assist in the relationship building and on-going interaction with local law enforcement agencies and prosecutors that belong to the ALTO Alliance program
- Assist, as needed, in the sales of ALTO Retail solutions and other ALTO solution lines
- Develop presentations to provide client service updates
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive client management experience is required, preferably within the Retail Loss Prevention or Operational Industry
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience leading and motivating a team
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably business related
- Must have a dynamic, high energy personality that creates a positive impact
- Must be able to prioritize and accomplish objectives in a timely
- Proven ability to work within a fast-paced, high-change environment
- Strong computer skills to include, but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Loss Prevention Certified (LPC) (Preferred)
Reporting Structure and Team: Positions has a direct report to the Regional Director of Operations – West Coast and indirect report to the Executive VP of ALTO USA. ALTO’s organization and culture is flat, team-oriented and entrepreneurial, with little regard to exact titles or position.
Place of Employment: Los Angeles, California. Potential for up to 15% travel
Employing Entity: ALTO USA LLC., a direct subsidiary of ALTO S.A., the Group’s parent company.
License: A valid California Class C Driver License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to perform job-related essential functions.
- Basic Health, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance coverage 30 days after start of employment
- 401K program
- 3 weeks of paid vacation.
- Paid Holidays
- Innovative work environment in a multi-national company
Background Check: All applicants are subject to background check prior to final appointment.
How to Apply: Qualified applicants should submit resumes to Jobs@alto-us.com
ALTO is an “equal opportunity employer.” ALTO will not discriminate and will take “affirmative action” measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, creed, color, national origin, or sex.